18 January 2012

You Get What You Give

In the world of the Independent Artisan there is a lot of things going on at the same time. There is creating your items, (that's the Good part) then there's all the other daily living stuff, then you need to organize yourself stuff...Whew!

Those of us who are selling our work are stretching our learning into the world of business. It is difficult to figure out how to proceed when you are not naturally adapted to business thinking.

There is two things I have discovered in my small experience as an Independent Artisan.

1. We Need Each Other.
2. You Get What You Give

Get out there! Give your fellow Independent Artisans a helping hand. You will see...
 You Get What You Give

Thanks for listening.
What will you create today?

Islands Of Time

3 comments:

  1. That's all so true. There is certainly not enough hours in the day to everything that you'd like to do, as well as the things that need to be done but the more effort you put in the more you get out and helping other Artisans along the way is a pleasure and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post Islands! I know that I get bogged down in the little things that this job requires, like marketing and promotions and paperwork. When I actually do get a chance to create - that is a Yay moment. Today, I finished one polymer clay cane w/sample bead, 3 sets of pot holder magnets for a client and promoted many of my artist friends. Tomorrow, I get to do it all over again and I am thankful for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think; good or bad but not offensive please!